"Quote Of The Week"

"A moment in worship can lead to a lifetime of service"

-Greg Laurie

2008-10-02

ETERNAL PURSUIT

(thoughts from 9/21/2008 message by Dave Gibbons @Newsong Irvine titled 'Cotton Candy', part 1 of Sex & Chocolate sermon series)

When I received my iPod for my birthday (thanks again guys ^^), I probably spent a good hour or two trying to figure out all the neat functions and features this little gadget can do. I then spent another couple of hours reorganizing my music on my computer with my iTunes so I can put them into my iPod, then took it with me everywhere I went so that I can enjoy it. (Oh, I even bought a little dock station so that I can listen to it through a speaker.) Beautiful thing this iPod is...

I can only pray that I can be so passionate about God. Couple of the first songs I ever started playing on the guitar is 'In the Secret' & 'Lord, I Want to Know You More'. They're both my all time favorite songs that expresses my longing to know God more and more, to grow deeper, and more intimate with Him. And I'm sure I've prayed that prayer a thousand times... but truly?

Do I truly KNOW God? Do I even TRULY DESIRE to know God? If so, how should my life be different? My priorities?

To paraphrase Pastor Dave Gibbon's quote in the abovementioned sermon, he says that 'Those who truly know God, tursts him and fully obeys Him. Those who TRULY KNOW God are the few radical Christians that laid their life out for God because they know and trust God that only He can make most of what You fully surrender to Him.

In God's infinite wisdom, power, glory, majesty, and beauty it will take us more than an eternity to fully know Him. So He calls us to start living our eternity now, to listen to His words and practice them in our lives. To live in worship, in His words, in prayer.

Who likes shallow relationships? But are we willing to engage in the depth of relationship that God calls us to venture into? Hope so. By faith, not by sight.

In our eternal pursuit of God, may God be glorified.

<><<><\\\\\
-sHin

No comments:

Visitors Since March 1st, 2008